Katelynne Newton Go Red On-Line Voting Winner
1.What is the funniest thing you believed as a child?
1. I am a senior at Avon High School graduating this year with an Academic Honors diploma. My plan is to attend college in the fall and pursue a degree in Business Administration & Marketing. Once I graduate, I hope to start an event marketing business focused on wedding planning. My vision is a perfect balance of the three things most important to me - my family, my career, and travel.
2.What is the one talent you wish you had?
2. Heart health is a cause that is "close to my heart" since I was diagnosed with bradycardia. I want to educate people on behaviors they can adopt to ensure the healthiest heart possible - proper nutrition and exercise, drinking plenty of fluids, and seeing their physician regularly. I am currently working with the Indiana American Heart Association as their teen spokesperson to educate and advocate on heart health issues.
3.Other than your family, who is your biggest supporter?
3. As a former competitive gymnast, I suffered several injuries and sat on the sidelines, watching my friends continue to advance their skills. Once I was healthy, I pushed hard to recover and make up for lost time, earning 20 trophies and 85 medals. I'm proud of myself for keeping a positive attitude, staying strong, and achieving my goals despite the setbacks. I was even able to train with Bela Karolyi at his camp in Texas!
4.What is the best costume you’ve ever worn for Halloween?
4. Due to injuries, I had to make the tough decision to give up gymnastics. I was able to quickly transition those talents into a new passion! I have been dancing in classes and on our dance team at Avon High School. I am a member of the Avon Gold Varsity dance team, a team captain, and member of the National Honor Society for dance arts. I love to dance and give back to others.
5.What song makes you 100% of the time want to dance?
5. I have been blessed to be able to travel to many places with my family. My father works in the racing industry, and I began traveling with him at six weeks old! I have travelled to 35 states and 6 countries. All this travel has enabled me the opportunity to experience various cultures, meet new people, and learn new things. I have been Miss Firecracker and Miss Gotta Race for Arizona Sport Shirts.